- Best month ever for sales of Toyota brand hybrids, including best month ever for Toyota Prius c
- Eighteenth straight monthly record for TCI truck sales, including best month ever for Toyota RAV4
TORONTO, ON., July 4, 2016 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 22,004 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles in June, up 6.4% compared to 2015. Sales for the first half of the year reached 113,410, up 8% compared to the first six months of 2015.
The Toyota division (including Scion) recorded June sales of 20,252 units, up 7.9% compared to 2015, while the Lexus division recorded total sales of 1,752 units in June, down 8.5% compared to last year.
It was a June record for sales of TCI hybrids, with 2,205 sold, up 70.3% compared to last year, and the best month ever for sales of Toyota brand hybrids, with 2,051 units sold, up 86.6% compared to 2015. Hybrids represented 10% of TCI’s total sales for the month.
For the eighteenth straight month, a monthly record was set for TCI truck sales, with 12,123 units sold, up 12.8% compared to 2015. That included June records for the sales of Toyota trucks, with 10,912 sold, up 13.6%, as well as Lexus luxury SUVs, with 1,211 sold, up 5.9% compared to last year.
Additional June 2016 Highlights:
- Toyota Prius c, with sales of 598 units, up 115.1%; best month ever;
- Toyota Prius family sales, with 1,094 units sold, up 57.4%, for a new June record;
- Toyota RAV4, with 5,021 units sold, up 34%; best month ever and a fifth straight monthly record;
- Toyota Tacoma 4X4, with 1,135 units sold, up 28.4%, for an eighth straight monthly record; and,
- Toyota Tundra 4X4, with 1,026 units sold, up 1%, for a new June record.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. June sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.