(TORONTO) – Canadians know that when it comes time to purchase a compact pick-up that’s versatile, safe, and more powerful while using less fuel, the Tacoma leads the pack. The 2010 Toyota Tacoma line-up offers seven models all equipped with seven standard safety features, fuel efficient 4x2 and 4-cylinder models, or powerful and nimble 4x4 powertrains and V6 engines.
“Our customers know the Tacoma won’t disappoint as it draws on decades of Toyota experience building pick-up trucks that refuse to give up,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “Even in the world’s harshest environments the 2010 Toyota Tacoma’s rugged construction versatile choice of powertrains and drivetrains, innovative safety and convenience features, and powerful yet efficient drive train remain unmatched.”
The 2010 Toyota Tacoma is available in seven models – two 4x2 models and five 4x4 models.
Engine and transmission:
- A surprisingly powerful yet fuel efficient 2.7 Litre 4-cylinder engine is fitted to three models: the 4x2 Access Cab in 5-speed manual and 4-speed automatic, and the 4x4 Access Cab with a 5-speed manual. This engine delivers up to 159 horsepower, up to 180 lb-ft of torque, and a 1,587 KG (3,500 LB) towing rating.
- For additional power and towing capability, Toyota’s proven 4.0 Litre V6 is fitted to four models: The 4x4 Access Cab V6 and 4x4 Double Cab V6 in 6-speed manual and 5-speed automatic models. This engine generates up to 236 horsepower, up to 266 lb-ft of torque, and a towing rating of 2,268 KG (5,000 LB). Toyota Racing Development (TRD) packages, available for all V6-equipped models, boosts this to 2,948 KG (6,500 LB).
Regardless of engine size or drive train, the Toyota Tacoma has been carefully engineered to embody “more power, less fuel”. By model, the city/highway fuel consumption ratings are as follows:
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (manual) = 10.5L per 100 KM city/7.8L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (automatic) = 11.0L per 100 KM city/7.9L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab (manual) = 12.0L per 100 KM city/9.1L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 (manual) = 14.7L per 100 KM city/10.8L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 (automatic) = 13.4L per 100 KM city/9.9L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 (manual) = 14.7L per 100 KM city/10.8L per 100 KM highway;
- Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 (automatic) = 13.4L per 100 KM city/9.9L per 100 KM highway.
A full suite of seven standard safety features that protect driver and occupants, such as:
- Toyota’s Antilock Braking System (ABS) with Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake Force Distribution (EBD) technologies;
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) and Traction Control (TRAC);
- Six airbags;
- Toyota’s Active Front Headrests with Whiplash Protection.
Cab and cargo bed:
Three cab/bed combinations are offered;
- Models with the Access Cab seat four adults in comfort and include a six-foot cargo bed.
- Models with the Double Cab seat five adults in comfort, with full-size doors for easy access to the rear seats, and include five-foot or six-foot cargo beds.
All 2010 Toyota Tacoma models come equipped with a generous suite of standard features, including:
- An audio system featuring AM/FM/CD player with MP3/WMA capability, an input jack for portable music players, an XM Satellite Radio-ready antenna with prewire and six speakers;
- Power door locks and power windows with driver’s side auto down function;
- A four spoke steering wheel on a tilting/telescoping column;
- A comfortable yet functional cabin, including plenty of smart storage space, front and rear cupholders, map lamps, an accessory power outlet, and more;
- An intelligently-designed double-walled composite cargo bed with removable tailgate, tie downs and a set of four tie down cleats;
- Two speed wipers with mist feature; halogen headlamps; digital clock; tachometer; and more.
Available options packages*:
Option packages respond to the needs of the broad array of pick-up buyers, from convenience items, to performance-enhancing specifications that all provide Canadian drivers with a value-driven and personalized Toyota Tacoma pick-up truck of their own..
Air conditioning is standard on all Tacoma 4x4 models, and available on Tacoma 4x2 models.
All models may be ordered with Toyota’s SR5 Power Package, which adds convenience features such as cruise control, keyless entry, steering wheel-mounted audio controls, plus stylish touches like rear privacy glass, chrome rear bumpers and grille, and leather wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, and more.
V6-equipped Tacoma models may be ordered with special Toyota Racing Development (TRD) packages. These add rugged capability, with upgraded engine and transmission components to enable a 2,948 KG (6,500 LB) towing capability, plus a Class IV weight distribution trailer hitch with 7-pin wiring harness. Other features include: a six-disc CD changer; front sport seats; convenience features like a digital compass and outside temperature gauge; the added safety of fog lamps and an auto-dimming rear view mirror with integrated back-up camera; and more.
The 2010 Toyota Tacoma is now on sale at Toyota dealers across Canada. Manufacturer’s suggested retail prices are as follows:
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (manual) starting at $21,355.
- Tacoma 4x2 Access Cab (automatic) starting at $22,355.
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab starting at $25,995.
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 (manual) starting at $28,380.
- Tacoma 4x4 Access Cab V6 (automatic) starting at $29,340.
- Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 (manual) starting at $32,615
- Tacoma 4x4 Double Cab V6 (automatic) starting at $31,845.