- Toyota, Lexus receive a combined total of 14 Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™
- Both Toyota and Lexus receive Best Value Brand awards in Crossover/SUV segment
Toronto, Ontario, May 31, 2018 –Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) was honoured with 14 Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards ™ in 2018, more than any other auto manufacturer.
Vehicles recognized with Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ are compared against competitors in the same segments and are awarded for having lower than expected ownership costs.
The Toyota brand received seven model level awards and the Lexus luxury brand was recognized with five model level awards. In addition, Toyota was honoured with the Best Value Brand award in the “SUV, Crossover, & Van” segment, while Lexus also received the Best Value Brand award in the “Luxury SUV & Crossover” category.
“We are thrilled to see so many Toyota and Lexus vehicles recognized by Vincentric again in 2018,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Toyota Canada Inc. “At Toyota Canada, we are committed to delivering vehicles with excellent value to our customers, so winning this many Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ year over year is a true honour.”
This year’s awards highlighted Toyota’s SUV and hybrid vehicle leadership. Five Toyota SUVs and three Lexus SUVs received Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards ™, while two Toyota hybrids and two Lexus hybrids were also recognized with this prestigious award.
This year’s winners included:
- Toyota – Best Value SUV, Crossover, & Van Brand (two-time winner)
- Toyota Camry – Mid-Size (two-time winner)
- Toyota Prius – Hybrid (six-time winner)
- Toyota C-HR – Subcompact SUV/Crossover
- Toyota 4Runner – Mid-Size SUV/Crossover (four-time winner)
- Toyota Sequoia – Large SUV/Crossover (7th straight year)
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Hybrid SUV/Crossover (five-time winner)
- Toyota Tacoma – Small/Mid-Size Pickup (7th straight year)
- Lexus – Best Value Luxury SUVs & Crossovers Brand (2nd straight year)
- Lexus ES 350 – Luxury Mid-Size Sedan (two-time winner)
- Lexus ES 300h – Luxury Hybrid (6th straight year)
- Lexus NX 300 – Luxury Compact SUV/Crossover
- Lexus RX 350 – Luxury Mid-Size SUV/Crossover (2nd straight year)
- Lexus NX 300h – Luxury Hybrid SUV/Crossover (two-time winner)
To determine its awards, Vincentric analyzed over 2,400 vehicle configurations for the 2018 model year, measuring total cost-of-ownership using eight different cost factors: depreciation, fees and taxes, financing, fuel, insurance, maintenance, opportunity costs, and repairs. Using a statistical model addressing nine different scenarios, Vincentric identified the winners by measuring which vehicles had lower than expected costs given their market segment and price. Each vehicle was evaluated in all 10 provinces plus the Northwest Territories using a range of annual kilometre intervals and insurance profiles.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.