(TORONTO, ON – May 1, 2015) Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) recorded its best month ever for truck sales in April. With 10,598 sold, up 12.5% versus 2014, it was a fourth consecutive monthly sales record. It was also the best month ever and a fourth straight monthly record for Toyota truck sales – at 9,345, up 8.2% versus 2014 – led by an April record for sales of the Canadian-made RAV4, with 4,185 sold, up 34.2% over last year.
In addition, it was the best month ever and seventh consecutive monthly sales record of Lexus luxury vehicles, with 2,147 sold, up 31.9% over last year. It was the best month ever for sales of Lexus SUVs, with 1,253 sold, up 59.2% over last year.
In total, TCI sold 20,642 vehicles in April, down 0.1% compared to last April. The year-to-date total of 61,971 is up 4.3% versus the first four months of 2014.
Toyota (including Scion) sales highlights for April 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Toyota sales: 18,495 (down 2.8%)
- Passenger car sales: 9,150
- Corolla sales: 5,456
- Camry sales: 1,884 (up 6.4%)
- Scion xB sales: 156 (up 116.7%)
- Truck sales: 9,345 (up 8.2%) :: best month ever :: fourth straight monthly record
- RAV4 sales: 4,185 (up 34.2%) :: new April record
- Tundra sales: 1,050 (up 7.4%)
- 4Runner sales: 441 (up 28.6%)
- Toyota hybrid sales: 998
- Prius family sales: 530
Lexus sales highlights for April 2015 (vs. 2014)
- Lexus sales: 2,147 (up 31.9%) :: best month ever :: seventh straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 894 (up 6.3%)
- IS sales: 388
- ES sales: 249
- RC sales: 120
- CT sales: 84 (up 6.3%)
- Luxury SUV sales: 1,253 (up 59.2%) :: best month ever :: fourth straight month of record sales
- RX sales: 601
- NX sales: 549
- GX sales: 64 (up 39.1%)
- LX sales: 39 (up 30%)
- Lexus hybrid sales: 209 (up 39.3%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. April sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.