- February sales record for TCI and TCI hybrids
- Fourteenth straight monthly record for TCI truck sales and seventeenth straight for Lexus
TORONTO, ON., March 1, 2016 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) sold 14,284 Toyota, Scion and Lexus vehicles in February, up 9.9% compared to 2015. It’s a new February record, which follows a new January record that started the year.
The Toyota and Scion division recorded sales of 13,129 units, a February record, up 10.7% compared to 2015.
For the seventeenth straight month, the Lexus division established a monthly sales record, with 1,155 luxury cars and SUVs sold, up 1.5% compared to last year.
For the fourteenth straight month, TCI (Toyota and Lexus) total truck sales established a monthly record. The total of 8,834 units sold was up 32.2% compared to 2015. Leading the way were February sales records for the following models:
- Toyota Tacoma 4X4, with 845 units sold, up 60.6% and the fourth straight monthly record;
- Toyota Highlander, with 948 units sold, up 57.5% and the second straight monthly record;
- Toyota Sienna, with 1,128 units sold, up 10% and the second straight monthly record;
- Toyota Tundra 4X4, with 907 units sold, up 31.6% and the second straight monthly record;
- Toyota RAV4, with 3,136 units sold, up 37%; and,
- Lexus NX, with 344 units sold, up 34.9%.
It was also a record February for sales of TCI hybrid vehicles, the second straight monthly record, with 1,439 units sold, up 5% compared to last year. Notable highlights were the all-new Toyota RAV4 Hybrid with 367 units sold and the Toyota Camry Hybrid, which set a February record at 470 units sold, up 139.8% compared to 2015.
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. February sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than six million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.