- Electrified vehicle sales up 41.2% for new February record
- TCI cars sales up 19.9%, truck sales up 11%
TORONTO, ON – March 3, 2020 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) set a February record, reporting overall vehicle sales of 15,288, up 13.9% compared to the same period last year.
TCI’s Toyota division reported sales of 13,638 units in February, up 13.9%, and the Lexus luxury division reported sales of 1,650 units, up 14%, both for monthly records.
Sales of the plug-in hybrid electric Prius Prime (483 units sold, up 201.9%) and the made-in-Canada RAV4 Hybrid (669 units sold, up 87.9%) helped boost electrified vehicle sales with 1,958 units sold, up 41.2% for a new February record.
Additional February Highlights:
- RAV4 sales of 4,065 units, up 5.9% (new February record)
- Corolla sales of 3,128 units, up 25.8%
- Highlander sales of 1,067 units, up 34.7% (new February record)
- Camry sales of 1,160 units, up 26.1%
- Tacoma sales of 1,052 units, up 43.5% (new February record)
- Lexus RX sales of 659 units, up 46.4% (new February record)
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over five million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.