- TCI’s total November sales up by 7.4% versus 2012
- Best-ever November for sales of Lexus vehicles
TORONTO, ON., (December 3, 2013) – With one month of 2013 still remaining, Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) has established a new annual record for truck sales. After a November record of 7,906 trucks sold, the total for the year reached 86,057, breaking the previous annual best of 85,425 set last year. The RAV4 continued to lead the way with a 41.6% increase, marking the Canadian-made truck’s tenth consecutive monthly sales record.
In total, TCI sold 15,593 vehicles in November, up 7.4% versus 2012. That included a best-ever November for Lexus, with sales of 1,330 luxury vehicles, up 3.4% over last year. It is the fourth consecutive month of record sales for Lexus.
Toyota sales highlights for November 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 13,953 (up 8.9%)
- Passenger car sales: 6,739 (up 5.0%]
- Corolla sales: 3,577 (up 20.2%)
- Camry sales: 1,307 (up 36.1%)
- Avalon sales: 120 (up 471.4%)
- Truck sales: 7,214 (up 12.9%) :: new November record ::78,282 year-to-date is new annual record
- Canadian-built RAV4 sales: 2,857 (up 41.6%) :: new November record :: 10th straight month of record sales :: 30,853 year-to-date is new annual record
- Tundra sales: 845 (up 52.3%)
- 4Runner sales: 323 (up 36.3%)
“With an annual record already set, 2013 has proven to be the year of the Toyota truck,” said Larry Hutchinson, Vice President, Sales, Toyota Canada Inc. “At the heart of that has been the all-new, Canadian-made RAV4. Generously equipped for fun, comfort, style, versatility and performance, the RAV4 has been a resounding sales success across the country.”
Lexus sales highlights for November 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 1,330 (up 3.4%) :: new November record :: 4th straight month of record sales
- Luxury car sales: 638
- IS sales: 301 (up 159.5%)::Named best new Luxury Car in the under $50,000 category by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada
- Luxury SUV sales: 692 (up 10.2%)
- GX sales: 40 (up 37.9%)
- LX sales: 30 (up 50.0%)
- RX sales: 572 (up 8.1%)
“We are thrilled that the Lexus IS was today named best new Luxury Car in the under $50,000 category by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada,” said Cyril Dimitris, Director, Lexus Canada. “It reinforces the tremendous success we are having with this vehicle in Canada, helping us turn in our best ever November for Lexus.”
For more on the Lexus IS’ AJAC award please visit our media site.
Scion sales highlights for November 2013 (vs. 2012)
- Sales: 310
- tC sales: 108 (up 25.6%)
Please <click here> for full Toyota Canada Inc. November sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks. Toyota is the first full-line manufacturer to make all of the elements of the Star Safety System standard on every vehicle starting in 2011. The Star Safety System includes Vehicle Stability Control (VSC), Traction Control (TRAC), Anti-lock Brake System (ABS), Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD), Brake Assist (BA) and Smart Stop Technology (SST). TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit media.toyota.ca.