- Canadian debut of the strikingly sporty Toyota C-HR
- North American debut of the Toyota COMS
- Canadian auto show debut of the all-new 2017 Prius Prime and the FCV Plus Concept
(MONTRÉAL, QC – JANUARY 19, 2017) Discover what drives you forward, in the Toyota booth at the Montréal International Auto Show – January 20-29, 2017 at the Palais des congrès.
“Toyota’s vision is shaped by a desire to constantly move towards a better future – to bring that future to our customers and the communities in which they live,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President of Toyota Canada Inc. “Canadians attending the Montréal International Auto Show will find many examples of that on display – from new and updated Toyota models that arrive in Canada this year, to future-ready hydrogen fuel cell models and all-electric vehicles and advanced safety systems that make driving safer for everyone. And, of course, our full range of stylish, fun and value-packed cars, SUVs and pick-up trucks.”
Highlights of the Toyota booth include:
- The Canadian premiere of the sexy and sporty Toyota C-HR. This high-riding coupe features an avant-garde physique, a modern and comfortable cabin, and bold, outgoing performance. The Toyota C-HR arrives in Canada this year.
- The North American premiere of Toyota COMS – an ultra-compact electric vehicle that’s already on sale in Japan and being tested in Europe. Toyota COMS is designed specifically to help reduce congestion and improve air quality by making it easier – and cleaner – for people to run errands in city centres or get around neighbourhoods or corporate campuses. Two Toyota COMS models will be on display – a passenger version and a cargo version. Each has a 50 km range and top speed of 60 km/h.
- The all-new Toyota Prius Prime. This plug-in hybrid – making its Canadian auto show debut – is the most fuel-efficient vehicle currently offered in Canada, according to federal government testing (NRCAN). It joins the Toyota Prius, which was completely redesigned in 2016.
- The Toyota FCV Plus Concept. Making its Canadian auto show debut, this hydrogen fuel cell concept expresses Toyota’s vision to help decarbonize the auto industry. The Toyota FCV Plus Concept vehicle also functions as a portable generator – able to power a home, or join forces with other FCV Plus Concept vehicles to provide clean energy for an entire community.
- The Toyota Mirai. This hydrogen fuel cell sedan is a production model – already on sale in California, Japan and in parts of Europe. The Mirai delivers plenty of clean power, with water vapor as its only tailpipe emission.
- The Toyota TS050 Hybrid racing car. Built to Le Mans prototype specs, this fast ride allows Toyota to test and perfect hybrid systems and other advanced technologies in the competitive FIA World Endurance Championship.
- The Toyota Safety Sense (TSS) virtual reality simulator: This interactive display allows Canadians to explore TSS and learn how these advanced technologies extend their abilities behind the wheel, to make driving safer for everyone.
In addition, the Toyota booth will have a full range of vehicles on display – including the Toyota Corolla sedan and Toyota Corolla iM hatchback, the refreshed Toyota Highlander midsize crossover, the updated Toyota Sienna minivan, the Toyota 86 authentic sports coupe, the Toyota TRD Pro family of trucks factory-customized for extreme off-roading, and more.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over 5 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 286 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than seven million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid.