TORONTO, ON – March 4, 2020 – Toyota is amending a safety recall involving fuel pumps that was announced on January 13, 2020. The recall now involves certain Lexus and Toyota vehicles produced between September 2013 through March 2015 and September 2017 through July 2018. Approximately 158,262 vehicles in total are now involved in this recall in Canada, as amended. The models and model years that have vehicles included in this recall are:
- 2013-2014 Model Year Lexus GS 350;
- 2014 Model Year FJ Cruiser, Lexus IS F;
- 2014-2015 Model Year Toyota 4Runner, Lexus LX 570, LS 460, IS 350, GX 460;
- 2015 Model Lexus RC 350, NX 300;
- 2017-2019 Model Year Toyota Sienna, Lexus IS 300, RX 350/350 L;
- 2018 Model Year Lexus LC 500, LS 500/500h, RC 300/350, GS 350;
- 2018-2019 Model Year Toyota Camry, Corolla, Highlander, Sequoia, Tacoma, Tundra, Lexus ES 350, LC 500/500h, LS 500/500h, IS 350, RC 300/350, RX 350 L, GS 350;
- 2019 Model Year Toyota Avalon
The subject vehicles are equipped with a fuel pump which may stop operating. If this were to occur, warning lights and messages may be displayed on the instrument panel, and the engine may run rough. This can result in a vehicle stall, and the vehicle may be unable to be restarted. If a vehicle stall occurs while driving at higher speeds, this could increase the risk of a crash.
For all involved vehicles, Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace the involved fuel pump with an improved one at no cost to customers.
Owners of vehicles currently included in the recall, that were not included in the original recall population on January 13, 2020, will be notified by early May.
Information about automotive recalls, including but not limited to the list of involved vehicles, is subject to change over time. For the most up-to-date Safety Recall information on Toyota and Lexus vehicles, customers should check their vehicle’s status by visiting Toyota.ca/recall or Lexus.ca/recall and entering their Vehicle Identification Number (VIN). For any additional questions, customer support is also available by calling Toyota Customer Interaction Centre at 1-888-TOYOTA-8 (1-888-869-6828) or Lexus Guest Service at 1-800-26-LEXUS (1-800-265-3987).