- New annual record sales for Lexus
- Canadian-made RAV4 achieves new annual record
TORONTO, ON., (January 5, 2015) – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) reported total sales of 200,851 vehicles in 2014, up 2.8% over 2013.
Key highlights included an annual record for TCI truck sales at 99,928, surpassing the previous record by 7.7%, as well as a year of record sales for Lexus luxury vehicles. The total of 17,565 Lexus vehicles sold exceeded the existing record by 10.1% and included a best-ever December with 1,509 sold, up 26.9% from 2013, the third straight month of record sales. Leading the way was the Lexus IS, with an annual record of 3,793 sold – up 63% versus last year.
The Canadian-made RAV4 also set an annual sales record, at 36,639 sold, up 10.5% versus last year. The RAV4 closed the year with six straight monthly sales records and a new annual record.
For the month of December, TCI sold 12,415 vehicles, up 0.5% versus last year, which included hybrid sales of 844, an increase of 5% compared to 2013.
Toyota sales highlights for December 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Toyota sales: 10,768 :: 179,324 for the year (up 2.8%)
- Passenger car sales: 4,538
- Corolla sales: 2,409 :: 48,881 for the year (up 10%)
- Yaris sales: 361 (up 13.9%) :: 8,530 for the year (up 11.8%)
- Prius c sales: 160 (up 58.4%)
- Prius sales: 87 (up 6.1%)
- Truck sales: 6,230 (up 2.8%) :: 90,795 for the year (up 7.6%) :: new annual record
- RAV4 sales: 2,624 (up 13.9%) :: new December record :: sixth straight monthly record :: 36,639 year-to-date (up 10.5%) :: new annual record
- Sienna sales: 912 (up 18.3%)
- Highlander sales: 652 (up 24.2%) :: 8,214 for the year (up 23.5%)
- Tundra sales: 586 :: 9,769 for the year (up 29.6%)
- 4Runner sales: 297 (up 5.3%) :: 4,022 for the year (up 29.3%)
- Highlander Hybrid sales: 123 (up 86.4%) :: 1,535 for the year (up 53.7%) :: new annual record
Lexus sales highlights for December 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Lexus sales: 1,509 (up 26.9%) :: new December record :: third straight month of record sales :: 17,565 for the year (up 10.1%) :: new annual record
- Luxury car sales: 546 (up 3.4%) :: 8,432 for the year (up 12.2%) :: new annual record
- IS sales: 232 :: 3,793 for the year (up 63%) :: new annual record
- CT sales: 60 (up 87.5%) :: 1,035 for the year (up 5.7%)
- RC sales (combined with RC F): 22 (first full month of sales)
- Luxury SUV sales: 963 (up 45.7%) :: 9,133 for the year (up 8.2%)
- RX sales: 533 (up 4.9%) :: 7,362 for the year (up 2.7%)
- NX sales: 250 (first month of sales)
- GX sales: 58 :: 582 for the year (up 65.8%)
- NX h sales: 46 (first month of sales)
- LX sales: 39 (up 34.5%) :: 342 for the year (up 15.5%)
- Luxury hybrid sales: 187 (up 29.9%)
Scion sales highlights for December 2014 (vs. 2013)
- Scion sales: 138
- xB sales: 35 (up 12.9%)
Please click here for full Toyota Canada Inc. December sales results.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion vehicles. Celebrating its 50th anniversary in Canada, Toyota has sold over 4.6 million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 285 Toyota, Lexus and Scion dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability in the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada which build popular Canadian vehicles: Toyota RAV4, Toyota Corolla, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid and just celebrated production of its 6 millionth vehicle.