(TORONTO) – New class leading safety features highlight the 2011 Toyota Yaris Sedan, injecting even more value into the subcompact that packs inspired styling, versatility and handling into an amazingly efficient package.
“The Toyota Yaris is fun and agile – perfect for negotiating any urban streetscape – yet comfortable and refined for highway driving too,” said Warren Orton, Director at Toyota Canada Inc. “The Yaris has room for five plus trunk space, excellent fuel efficiency, and styling – features not commonly found in the subcompact segment, making it the small car that’s big on value.”
Highlights for 2011
- Standard Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control with Anti Lock Brakes
- Standard brake assist
- New 15-inch wheel cover design
The Yaris Sedan is fitted with a suite of class leading active and passive safety features that include:
- Standard Anti Lock Braking System, Vehicle Stability Control and Traction Control System
- Standard brake assist
- Six airbags (dual-stage driver and front passenger air bags, front seat mounted side airbags, side curtain airbags)
- All-position three point lap and shoulder belts, pretensioners, force limiters and anchor height adjusters for the front seatbelts
- Anchor points for child-restraint seats and child protector rear door locks
Power and performance
The Yaris Sedan’s efficient 1.5L 4-cylinder engine produces 106 horsepower and a peak torque of 103 lb-ft, coupled to a standard five-speed manual transmission or four-speed super ECT automatic with overdrive and front wheel drive.
The engine’s lightweight aluminum alloy block, variable valve timing with intelligence, sequential multi-port electronic fuel injection and electronic throttle control system with intelligence combine to maximize performance while minimizing weight and fuel consumption. With an excellent combined city/highway fuel efficiency of just 6.3L/100 KM and a Tier 2 Bin 5 emissions rating, the Yaris minimizes its environmental impact while maximizing its driving fun.
Features for every driver
The 2011 Yaris Sedan comes with plenty of standard features, including:
- AM/FM/CD player with MP3 capability, auxiliary input jack for portable music players and four speakers
- Cabin air filter and rear seat heater ducts
- Driver seat cushion height adjustments
- A 60/40 split fold-down rear seat with fold-down centre armrest
- Dual vanity mirrors
- Three-spoke steering wheel on tilting column
- Plenty of smart in-cabin storage including front console box with lid, front seat back pockets, door map pockets, and front and rear cup holders
- Illuminated entry
- 13.7 cu-ft trunk cargo space,
Flexibility in upgrade packages:
Build the Yaris that suits your lifestyle, with a choice of two options packages:
- The Convenience Package adds many comfort and style features, including: air conditioning, power windows, power adjustable heated exterior mirrors, power door locks with keyless entry, front and rear splash guards, and more.
- The Enhanced Convenience Package includes everything the convenience package offers plus cruise control.
Pricing and availability
The 2011 Toyota Yaris 4-door sedan is now on sale at Toyota Dealers across Canada with a manufacturer’s suggested retail price starting at $14,990.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota, Lexus and Scion cars, SUVs and trucks, and Toyota Industrial Equipment. TCI’s head office is in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver.
For more details, including a full list of media contacts, digital images and product details please visit na1.ipressroom.com.