TORONTO, ON – June 18, 2019 – Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) was honoured with 11 2019 Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™, more than any other auto manufacturer for the eighth consecutive year.
Vehicles recognized with Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ are compared against competitors in the same segments and are awarded for having lower than expected ownership costs.
Toyota was honoured with the Best Value Brand award in the “SUV, Crossover, & Van” segment, while Lexus also received the Best Value Brand award in the “Luxury SUV & Crossover” category. Toyota also received five model level awards and Lexus was recognized with four model level awards.
“We are thrilled to see Toyota and Lexus receive more Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™ than any other auto manufacturer for an eighth consecutive year,” said Cyril Dimitris, Vice President, Sales and Marketing, Toyota Canada Inc. “At Toyota Canada, we’re proud of this recognition because it means we’re continuing to deliver vehicles with excellent value to our customers.”
This year’s awards once again highlighted Toyota’s SUV, van, and passenger car leadership. Two Toyota vehicles from the “SUV, Crossover and & Van” category and two Lexus vehicles from the “Luxury SUV and Crossover” category received Vincentric Best Value in Canada Awards™.
This year’s winners included:
- Toyota – Best Value in Canada: SUV, Crossover & Van Brand (3-time winner)
- Toyota Corolla – Best Value in Canada: Compact Hatchback segment
- Toyota Avalon – Best Value in Canada: Large Sedan segment (5-time winner)
- Toyota Highlander Hybrid – Best Value in Canada: Hybrid SUV/Crossover segment (6-time winner)
- Toyota Sienna – Best Value in Canada: Minivan segment (2-time winner)
- Toyota Tacoma – Best Value in Canada: Small/Mid-Size Pickup segment (8th year in a row)
- Lexus – Best Value in Canada: Luxury SUV & Crossover Brand (3rd year in a row)
- Lexus ES 350 – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Mid-Size Sedan segment (3-time winner)
- Lexus ES 300h – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Hybrid segment (7-time winner)
- Lexus UX 200 – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Compact SUV/Crossover segment
- Lexus UX 250h – Best Value in Canada: Luxury Hybrid SUV/Crossover segment
Using a statistical model addressing different scenarios, Vincentric identified the winners by measuring which vehicles had lower than expected costs given their market segment and price. Each vehicle was evaluated in all 10 provinces plus the Northwest Territories using a range of annual kilometre intervals and insurance profiles.
About Toyota Canada Inc.
Toyota Canada Inc. (TCI) is the exclusive Canadian distributor of Toyota and Lexus vehicles. Toyota has sold over eight million vehicles in Canada through a national network of 287 Toyota and Lexus dealerships. Toyota is dedicated to bringing safety, quality, dependability and reliability to the vehicles Canadians drive and the service they receive. TCI’s head office is located in Toronto, with regional offices in Vancouver, Calgary, Montreal and Halifax, and parts distribution centres in Toronto and Vancouver. Toyota operates two manufacturing facilities in Canada. Having produced more than eight million vehicles, popular Canadian models built at these facilities include Toyota RAV4, Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, Lexus RX 350 and RX 450h hybrid. Recent investments at its facilities in Ontario will allow for increased production of the top-selling Toyota RAV4 and RAV4 Hybrid models.